Tax Compliance and Consulting
Current tax information for you and your business.
At HMWC, we employ advanced tax planning techniques to help you to reduce your tax burdens to the minimum amount allowed by law. Our firm provides a full range of tax services for corporations, partnerships, not-for-profit entities and individuals, as well as trusts and estates.
Tax Compliance and Consulting Services
- Tax minimization strategies for individuals and businesses
- Federal, state, multi-state, and international tax return preparation and consulting*
- Planning and structuring for complex business/personal transactions
- Employment, property, sales, use, and excise tax return preparation and consulting
- Cost segregation studies
- Tax planning for pension, benefit, and incentive compensation plans
- Stock option planning
- Tax controversies and representation before Internal Revenue Service and Franchise Tax Board
- Consulting for business formations, liquidations and dispositions, mergers and acquisitions, and reorganizations
- Assistance with tax-free exchanges of property
- Investment, research and enterprise zone tax credits
- QuickBooks setup and training
Tax laws can be very complex, and we take seriously our responsibility to stay educated and informed on local, state, and national tax laws and implications. We’ll inform you of significant developments to allow any new tax savings opportunities to be considered in decisions making, both business and personal.
*As members of Integra International®, a world-wide alliance of CPA firms, we have access to national and international resources to consult on a variety of multi-state and global tax and business issues.
Proactive tax planning is the cornerstone of our practice. Our goal is to help clients structure transactions and financial affairs to achieve a more favorable tax position.