Steve Williams, CPA
Steve is the managing partner for HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors. He specializes in consulting services to medical practices, as well as tax and financial planning. Steve is partner in charge of the firm’s Healthcare Services Practice, which encompasses a broad range of services to physicians, specialists and dentists, including: numerous consulting services to improve productivity, reduce costs and maximize reimbursement; accounting and bookkeeping; tax consulting; estate and financial planning; pension and employee benefits consulting; employee policies and procedures manuals; practice valuations; practice mergers and acquisitions; and computer evaluation and selection.
Steve’s tax and financial planning services include tax minimization strategies, retirement planning, planning and structuring for complex business/personal transactions, and estate planning. Steve is also partner in charge of the firm’s Information & Technology Services Practice, which assists clients in the effective use of computer systems through hardware and software selection and installation.
- B.S. in Accounting from California State University, Long Beach, 1977
Steve worked a year as a staff accountant at Disneyland and another year with a large local accounting firm. He then joined the staff of HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors in 1979. He became a partner of HMWC in 1985. He has worked extensively with physicians and other high income taxpayers for over thirty years.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), member
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA), member
- Healthcare Advisors Association (HAA), member
- Is a frequent speaker on medical consulting and tax issues