Sheila Ashrafi, CPA, MSA
Sheila Ashrafi is a partner in HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors’ Tax Services department, providing tax preparation, planning and projection services for corporations, partnerships and individuals.
Sheila’s work involves effective diagnosis, solution, development and implementation of clients’ tax planning and compliance needs, including: tax minimization strategies; multi-state planning; tax controversies; planning and structuring for complex business or personal transactions; and business valuations and planning for mergers and acquisitions.
Since tax laws can be very complex, Sheila keeps current on tax rulings, accounting pronouncements, court opinions, and local, state and federal government bills that may impact our clients’ tax position. Sheila’s current emphasis has been working with flow-through entities primarily in the real estate and manufacturing industries. She takes a pro-active approach to income tax planning and servicing the client.
- B.S. from Syracuse University in 1987
- M.S. degree in Accounting from James Madison University in 1992
- Sheila worked in the audit department of a local CPA firm in the Los Angeles area for three years prior to joining HMWC CPA’s & Business Advisors.
- She started at HMWC as a 1995 as a senior accountant before advancing to a management position in 1999.
- Sheila was promoted to partner of HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors in 2014.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Commercial Real Estate Women-Orange County (CREW-OC)
- Regularly participates in the Association of Commercial Real Estate Professionals (ACRE)