Pamela J. Chamberlain, CPA
Pam Chamberlain is a partner and works in HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors’ division that specializes in serving dental practices, known as Wiederman & Chamberlain. The division’s services include accounting, tax compliance and planning, financial planning, and retirement planning.
Pam is generally responsible for all phases of an engagement, including: a thorough knowledge of the dentist and all facets of the dentist’s practice; managing the progress of the work; assuring that all phases of the engagement are being carried out properly with the highest standards; dealing directly with the dentist’s lenders, attorneys, brokers, taxing authority agents, and other third parties; interfacing with HMWC’s tax and other departments as necessary; and supervising the preparation of tax returns.
Within Wiederman & Chamberlain, Pam’s specialties include special projects such as: retirement planning, buyer’s due diligence, buy-in and buy-out calculations, practice start-ups, compensation plan development, operational evaluations, and other special financial and operational projects.
- B.S. in Accounting from California State University, Long Beach in 1987
- Pam has nearly 30 years of experience in serving dental practices.
- She started working with Art Wiederman in 1988 as an accountant, earning her CPA license, and has worked alongside Art in helping dental clients with a full array of services.
- She became a partner in 2014, when the firm was renamed Wiederman & Chamberlain.
- In 2018, the firm was merged with HMWC and it became a division within HMWC serving dental practices.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member of the Academy of Dental CPAs, which is an affiliation of twenty-six firms across the United States that specializes in working with dentists and manages over 7,000 dentists collectively.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Speaker at various symposiums and annual dental conventions.