CPA, CCIFP, MBA, MBT
Nic is a partner in HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors’ Tax Services department, providing tax consulting, compliance, planning, and business advisory services to clients that include multinational, multi-state, publicly traded corporations as well as closely held family businesses. He is an expert advisor to a broad base of industries including manufacturing, distribution, service based businesses, restaurant, shipping and transportation, energy, aerospace, construction and real estate.
Nic specializes in minimizing tax liabilities for businesses and individuals through innovative tax planning, strategic business consulting, tax credit and incentive maximization, and other practical tax compliance solutions. His experience includes tax provisions, tax minimization for high-net-worth individuals, hiring and employment credits, energy and green credits, research and development credits, investment related tax incentives and tax deferral, California training funding, California competes tax credit, and California sales and use tax exemptions.
- Graduated from the University of Southern California with a Master’s of Taxation
- Graduated from Loyola Marymount University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and a Master of Business Administration in Finance
- Chartered Global Management Accountant, as designated by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Prior to joining HMWC, Nic was a tax manager for the largest public accounting firm headquartered in Southern California. He was also a senior manager for a Southern California public accounting firm specializing in the construction industry.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA), member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Engineering Contractors’ Association of Southern California (ECA), board of directors
- Past Treasurer and Director of Finance on the Long Beach Junior Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and the California Association of Enterprise Zones