Manufacturing & Distribution
Expertise in Serving the Manufacturing & Distribution Industries
Manufacturing and distribution companies must address a wider diversity of business issues than virtually any other industry, competing against intense domestic and international competition. Operational concerns are significant, including developing leading-edge products, maintaining competitive pricing, managing inventory, replacing outdated equipment, delivering on schedule, providing superior service, and reducing a wide variety of costs. Each decision has an impact on cash flow, which is the life blood of most manufacturing and distribution companies.
HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors understands the various financial and operational challenges facing today’s manufacturing and distribution companies. We have built an extensive manufacturing and distribution practice, with a team of accounting and consulting professionals focused on serving your unique needs. Our team of experts focuses on a proactive approach when working with clients, versus a more traditional retrospective view of a company’s performance. We offer a wide range of services that help you to succeed in today’s business environment. For example, we develop successful strategies to reduce your costs, manage inventory more effectively and increase profitability.
Our tax professionals are fully abreast of all California, multi-state, Federal and international tax laws that may impact your business. We continuously keep our clients informed of opportunities to minimize taxes. As a member of Integra International, we have both a national and international presence, which provides us with additional resources to consult on a variety of state and global tax and business issues.
We have served a wide variety of companies, including manufacturers and distributors of sheet metal, electronic components, plastic molding, roll-up doors, furniture, tool makers for aerospace manufacturers, and bags for fast food restaurants.
At HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors, we develop and implement effective solutions for your company’s business concerns.
Our capabilities provide you with resources to achieve significant operational improvements, resulting in competitive advantages. You can rely upon us to provide superior service in numerous areas, including:
- Audits, review, and compilations of financial statements
- Operating budgets – preparation, analysis and tracking
- Due diligence
- Internal control analysis
- Forensic services
- Tax planning and compliance
- Multi-state taxation, including sales tax and use tax consulting
- LIFO inventories
- Executive personal financial planning
- Merger and acquisition strategies
- Assistance in locating and obtaining bank financing
- Valuation and appraisal services
- Investments (through our Yosemite Capital Management, LLC affiliate)
- Cost management and productivity analysis
- Restructuring, expansion programs, outsourcing, and downsizing strategies
- Inventory system improvements
- Set-up of financial accounting computer systems
- Information systems consulting
Pension and Human Resources
- Assessment and design of pension plans by working with our clients’ third party administrator.
- Design and administration of personnel policies and procedures
- Preparation of employee handbooks
- Recruitment of regular and temporary accounting personnel
Our Manufacturing Practice is headed by partner Curtis Campbell and manager David Eisenman.