Jeffrey Hipshman, CPA
Jeffrey specializes in family wealth planning for the high net worth individual, as well as business and tax planning for the closely held business and its owners. His services in this regard include estate planning and retirement planning for individuals, as well as numerous business services such as evaluation and design of internal accounting systems; review and evaluation of internal financial controls; tax minimization strategies; planning and structuring for complex business/personal transactions; consulting for business formations, liquidations and dispositions, mergers and acquisitions, and reorganizations; working capital/cash flow management; and assistance with debt or equity financing.
- B.S. in Accounting from San Diego State University, 1980
Upon graduation, Jeff joined the accounting staff of a national accounting firm, gaining two years of experience in auditing and tax work. He became associated with HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors in 1982, advancing to partner in 1989. Jeff has worked with companies in a wide variety of industries, including service, retail, manufacturing, and real estate.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), member
- Orangewood Childrens Foundation, Endowment Committee
- Is involved in the Short-Stop Program, which assists at-risk teenagers in getting their lives back on track
- Sits on the board of directors for a local private school
- He frequently lectures on estate planning
- Is also considered a resource for various periodicals and for local television programs