Jay Wikum, CPA, CMPE
Jay Wikum is a partner and supervises HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors’ Healthcare Services department, which provides a wide range of services to physicians, dentists and ancillary medical providers.Within the Healthcare Services department, Jay works on special projects for our physician clients, including: valuations, buy-in and buy-out calculations, practice start-ups, compensation plan development, operational evaluations, internal control reviews and other special financial and operational projects required for these unique clients.
He is generally responsible for all phases of an engagement, including: a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of the client’s practice; managing the progress of the work in the field; coordination with the client’s management group; assuring that all phases of the engagement are being carried out properly with the highest standards; dealing directly with the client’s attorney or brokers, taxing authority agents, and other third parties; interfacing with HMWC’s tax and other departments as necessary; and supervising the preparation of management letters and tax returns.
- B.A. in Business Administration from Vanguard University in Costa Mesa
- While still in college, Jay began working with a local accounting firm, and earned his CPA Certification in 1983.
- He was with this firm for five years, then worked the next twenty years in medical practice finance and administration with three medical groups ranging in size from five to eighteen providers (specialties included Orthopedics, Neurology/Neurosurgery and OB/Gyn).
- He joined HMWC in 2007 to add his extensive experience to the Healthcare Services department.
- He was promoted to partner in 2012.
Professional & Community Involvement
- National Medical Group Management Association (MGMA), member
- Orange County MGMA, past president
- California MGMA, past president
- American College of Medical Practice Executives, certified member
- California Society of CPAs (CalCPA), member
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA), member