|As highly trained experts in their fields, lawyers, consultants and other professionals greatly appreciate the expertise provided by skilled accountants. At HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors, we help professionals with numerous facets of their business operations.
Recordkeeping Services – We help professionals to effectively manage their practices through our assistance in handling recordkeeping and preparing necessary forms.
- Payroll/labor records
- Bank reconciliations
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Payroll and sales tax returns
- Monthly financial statements and general ledger
Tax Services – HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors provides a full range of tax services for corporations, partnerships and individuals, as well as trusts and estates:
- Tax minimization strategies
- Federal, State, multi-state and international tax planning and compliance
- Planning and structuring for complex business/personal transactions
- Employment, property, sales, use and excise taxes
- Tax planning for pension, benefit and incentive compensation plan
- Stock option planning
- Investment, research and enterprise zone tax credits
- Consulting for business formations, liquidations and dispositions, mergers and acquisitions, and reorganizations
- Assistance with tax-free exchanges of property
- Tax controversies and representation before IRS and Franchise Tax Board
Financial Management – Professionals appreciate an accountant who does more than just “run the numbers.” You need a true business advisor – someone to develop ideas to help meet your present and future goals, as well as solve existing problems.
- Income statement and balance sheet projections
- Working capital/cash flow management
- Review of proposed capital expenditures
- Revenue enhancement strategies
- Compensation/benefits programs
- Retirement plan funding
- Assistance with debt or equity financing
- Business plan design/implementation
- Reorganization and restructuring
- Insurance/risk management
- Investment strategies and portfolio allocation
- Estate planning
- Financing children’s education
Pension & Human Resources Consulting – As tax consultants and business advisors, we work with our clients and their third party administrators to custom design plans to meet each company’s specific needs.
- Retirement Plans: Defined benefit plans, profit sharing plans, 401(k) savings plans, and money purchase pension plans.
- Fringe Benefits: Cafeteria plans, medical savings accounts, health care reimbursement accounts
- Pension plan design, installation and administration