Gerry Herter, CPA, MBA
Gerry Herter is a partner emeritus and former long-time managing partner for HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors. He is a specialist in business assurance services and information technology.
- B.B.A. from the University of Wisconsin, 1967
- M.B.A. in Accounting from the University of Wisconsin, 1969
Gerry served as an army officer in Vietnam, and then joined the small business audit staff of Arthur Andersen & Co. in Chicago. Six years later, in 1977, he moved to California and became associated with what would become HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors. Gerry has worked with companies in a wide variety of industries, including real estate, contractors, service, retail, manufacturing, distribution, and non-profit.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), member
- Past president of the Americas, Asia, Australia & New Zealand (AAANZ) Chapter of Integra International®, a global alliance of accounting firms
- Taught accounting and tax courses at Chapman University
- Is a contributing editor for the former “Accounting Technology,” a New York based computer magazine that provided creative and practical guidance to accountants seeking to keep up with current trends in business automation.
- Family Promise of Orange County, Board of Trustee
- The New Theological Seminary of the West, Board of Trustee
- Is a ruling elder at Tustin Presbyterian Church
- Represents Integra International as the editor of the bi-monthly Audit & Accounting Alert Newsletter, and as New Member Manager for the AAANZ Chapter.
- Is author of the book MY CELTIC JOURNEY, a Traveler’s Memoir
- Currently working on a book highlighting the past four decades of the Firm’s annual hiking trip, which he founded in 1979.