Donald W. Watson, CPA
Donald (Don) Watson is a Partner in the Healthcare Services Department of HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors. Since the Department serves many physicians and dentists, Don now primarily works with dental clientele in the Department’s dental division. He does this by providing tax preparation, planning/projection services, and consultation, for individuals, corporations, and partnerships associated with dental practices. Part of the consultation component includes assistance with new practices, practice purchases, preparation for the sale of a practice, and review of practice performance for better profitability.
Due to the constant changes that occur within the tax system, Don devotes the time necessary to stay abreast of issues that aid in providing tax minimization strategies, compliance needs, and answers to uncertain tax issues.
- B.B.A. in Accounting from Marshall University, in Huntington, West Virginia in 1991
- Don worked for a small regional firm in the Tri-State market of West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky
- During a twenty-two year career, he progressed from staff accountant to partner
- Throughout that period, Don’s emphasis was on corporate and individual taxation, business consulting, tax planning, and computer software support
- Some of the industries serviced were real estate, medical services, food & beverage, in addition to a variety of other types of businesses
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member in the Academy of Dental CPA’s (ADCPA), a nationwide group of CPA firms committed to furthering their skills to better serve their clients.
- Some of his past community involvements while in West Virginia were participation on various Board of Directors for organizations such as the United Way of the River Cities, Children’s Place Early Learning Center, the Pi Kappa Alpha Alumni Housing Corporation, and the Seneca Woods Homeowners Association.