Curtis Campbell, CPA, MST
Curtis Campbell heads the firm’s Tax Services department. The department’s services are extensive,including: short and long-term business and individual tax planning; planning and structuring for business/personal transactions; consulting for mergers and acquisitions; consulting for reorganizations; assistance with tax-free exchanges of property; California and multi-state tax planning; and representation before the IRS and Franchise Tax Board.
- B.S. from California State University, Long Beach in 1987
- Master of Taxation from Golden Gate University in 1996
- After graduation, Curtis joined First Interstate Bank as an internal auditor where he spent one year performing operational and financial audits in four different states.
- In 1988, he joined the Orange County office of Deloitte & Touche. At Deloitte, Curtis spent the next seven years specializing in all aspects of federal and state taxation while working primarily with privately held corporations and their owners.
- He joined HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors in 1995 as a tax manager and was promoted to partner in 2000.
- Curtis has worked with companies in a wide variety of industries, including real estate, service, retail, and manufacturing and distribution.
- He serves as trustee and board member for a variety of private entities.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Actively involved in the Orange County Forum as well as various other Orange County organizations