A variety of services to help you identify growth potential and overcome challenges.
General contractors and subcontractors work in an environment that requires effective cost management, responsive and consistent service, and excellent management skills.
HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors has been working with contractors since 1968. We help our contractor clients achieve and exceed their business goals by identifying growth and profitability opportunities and overcoming challenges impacting their businesses.
Whether your company’s needs are in financial management, accounting, tax planning and compliance or in general management, HMWC can help. Our clients include general contractors and subcontractors involved in commercial and residential real estate construction.
Audit & Accounting
- Audits, reviews and compilations of financial statements
- Federal reporting requirements
- Bookkeeping and general ledger assistance
- Financial statement analysis
- Payroll/labor distributions
- Job costing and set-up
- Contract cost allocations and profitability analysis
- Overhead rate analysis
- Operating budgets – preparation, analysis and tracking
- Cash flow analysis and projections
- Construction software support services
- Financing analysis and debt restructuring
- Surety bond planning
- Personal financial planning
- Succession planning and exit strategies
- Wealth and asset management
- Trust and estate planning
- Valuation and appraisal services
Tax Planning, Compliance & Consulting
- Corporate, partnership and individual tax returns
- Federal, multi-state and local tax planning and compliance
- International tax services
- Tax credit and incentives
- Accounting methods consulting
- Entity and transaction structuring
- Representation in tax audits and other tax disputes
- Merger and acquisition strategies
- Pension and employee benefit plan planning and analysis
- Fraud investigation and forensics accounting
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan consulting
- Captive Insurance Company consulting
We work with the broad spectrum of related trades within the industry:
- Heating/air conditioning (HVAC)
- Specialty trades
Our professionals are actively involved in industry associations.