Barbara Kelley, CPA, MST
Barbara Kelley, CPA, MST is a partner in HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors’ Tax Services department. She has over 30 years of tax and business consulting experience and specializes in real estate taxation, accounting and taxation for businesses and individuals, entity selection and complex estate and wealth protection planning.
Barbara’s commitment to her clients is demonstrated by her holistic approach to client service. Her focus is on having a full understanding of her client’s complete financial structure to ensure that each client’s tax minimization plan, estate plan and asset protection plan are in harmony. Barbara is a dedicated professional who works with individuals and owners of businesses to solve problems and to strategize to minimize the impact of taxes.
- B.A. in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from California State University, Fullerton
- Master of Taxation from Golden Gate University
- Barbara has been practicing public accounting in the Orange County area for thirty years, including experience at Deloitte and Moss Adams
- Prior to joining HMWC, she owned a boutique CPA firm specializing in serving clients involved in the real estate industry, as well as family-owned businesses and wealthy individuals.
- The firm’s services included real estate taxation, accounting and taxation for businesses and individuals, business advisory services, entity selection and complex estate and wealth protection planning.
- In 2018, she joined HMWC as a partner.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Commercial Real Estate Women-Orange County (CREW-OC)
- Board member of the California State University Fullerton Accounting Department Advisory Board
- Board member of the Orange County Estate Planning Council Board
- Volunteer for 44 Women for Orangewood
- Office of the Women’s Sailing Association – Orange County