Arthur Wiederman, CPA
Art Wiederman is a partner and works in HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors’ division that specializes in serving dental practices, known as Wiederman & Chamberlain. The division’s services include accounting, tax compliance and planning, financial planning, retirement planning, and financial practice management consulting.
Art’s expertise is not only in taxation issues for dentists but also in his knowledge of dental practice metrics and benchmarks. Art has the ability to look at a dentist’s profit and loss statements and practice management reports and identify profit holes in his client’s practice. In addition, Art’s specialties include buy-in and buy-out consulting, practice start-ups, compensation plan development, operation evaluations, and litigation support for dentists.
- B.S. in Accounting from California State University, Long Beach in 1980
- Art has over 30 years of experience in serving dental practices.
- He began his career in the tax department of the national CPA firm Deloitte, Haskins and Sells (now Deloitte) from 1981-1984.
- He left in 1984 to take over the Pacific Institute’s Financial Services Division.
- Art bought the company and it was renamed Wiederman & Associates in 1989.
- It then developed it into a boutique CPA practice specializing in serving dentists.
- Pam Chamberlain joined the firm in 1988 and became a partner in 2014, when it was renamed Wiederman & Chamberlain.
- In 2018, the firm merged with HMWC and it became a division within HMWC serving dental practices.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Academy of Dental CPAs, which is an affiliation of twenty-six firms across the United States that specialize in working with dentists and have approximately 9,000 clients collectively.
- Is a regular lecturer at state, local and national dental conferences, dental societies and dental schools.