The ideal candidate will have a strong background in commercial construction and/or real estate taxation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review of individual, corporate, partnership, and trust tax returns including some multi-state tax issues
- Interact with the Internal Revenue Service and State Revenue agencies on tax audits.
- Supervise staff on assigned projects.
- Conduct research and write memorandum on various tax issues
- Present and consult with clients regarding tax issues and other planning opportunities.
- Identify performance improvement opportunities for assigned clients
- Interface with the Accounting & Audit and other departments as necessary.
- Monthly administrative duties including billing
- Ability to handle multiple engagements and competing priorities
- C-Corp, S-Corp and/or partnership, trusts and individual tax return experience.
- Ability to use standard computer software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Windows.
- Ability to use standard tax and accounting software and research applications such as ProSystem fx Tax (preferred), Lacerte, CCH Axcess, and BNA.
- Must posses strong professional communication, interpersonal, leadership, analytical and research skills
- Ability to travel to client sites (occasionally non-local or overnight) for client visits, training, meetings or other business purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA designation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel & CCH products
- Minimum 5 years experience in public accounting.
- National accounting firm experience a plus
- Master of Tax a plus.
- Successful practice development skills a plus
- Experience with standardized and digital workpapers a plus
Submit your resume with your salary requirements to email@example.com.
HMWC CPAs & Business Advisors
17501 East 17th Street, Suite 100
Tustin, CA 92780-7924
We look forward to hearing from you and hope that you will join our team of professionals!